Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chicago's Best #1

Chicago's Best is a great TV show that takes a look at some of the great restaurants in the Chicagoland area.  I usually catch the shows and make a list of all the places I would like to try.  Last week or so they did the Finger Foods episode and hit Coach's Corner in Elk Grove Village, which happens to be a few miles away from me.  Now, see... this weekend has been a special weekend for me, because I was actually off from work.  Yesterday I had a girly day of breakfast with Shari from FindingAWeigh.com, lunch with Lauren, and then shopping, a stop at Caribou Coffee, and a pedicure.  Sundays are usually spent cleaning and doing homework, but feeling inspired by such a splendid Saturday, I decided to try something new and check off a stop from my Chicago bucket list.

Coach's Corner is a great little Sports Bar & Grill, especially if you actually like sports.  They have TVs all over the place, playing different sports at the same time, so sports fans don't miss a thing.  The walls are decorated with all sorts of sports memorabilia and I was surprised at all the old Wheaties boxes with pictures of Michael Jordan that they had on the shelves.  It had a great ambiance and even greater beer specials (small pitcher of draft Miller High Life for $3.50).  Check out some of the food we ordered, and the clip from Chicago's Best: http://www.cltv.com/blogs/chicagos-best/wgntv-chicagos-best-finger-foods-coaches-corner-20120118,0,913449.story
Coach's Corner - 152 Biesterfield Rd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Cheesesticks!!


Cod Platter, baked beans, fries [ Me ] 
Meatball Slammers & Cheesy Tots [ Tim ]
Chocolate Chip Pizzookie!!



No comments:

Post a Comment