Friday, July 13, 2012

Authors' Night!


Jen Lancaster, her newest memoir, "Jeneration X," and Amy
I almost talked myself out of going to see Jen Lancaster after the last [pathetic] attempt, but I decided to go to an event in Lake Zurich tonight anyway, and I am so glad I did.  Jennifer Weiner, Stacey Ballis, and Sarah Pekkanen were there as well!  Talk about a group of intelligent, hilarious, and classy women!  I love their books, and despite the crazy heat (the building didn't have a lick of air conditioning - no worries, I took pictures anyway) it was a fun event! 

Franzia boxed Chardonnay, and my new autographed books!


Jen Lancaster, Sarah Pekkanen, Jennifer Weiner, & Stacey Ballis.

This is my third (and least embarrassing) time seeing Jen Lancaster, but my first for the other three authors!  Jennifer Weiner bought cupcakes for the crowd of 400+ and was so gracious to all of her fans!
Thank you Swirlz Cupcakes!
Clockwise:  Chocolate Chip, Chocolate, Peach Cobbler, & Red Velvet!  YUM!!


It was a lovely evening and I am so excited to read my new books!!!  I think my most favorite thing abot this group of ladies is that they are so personable and seem to really enjoy interacting with their fans.  After the last time I met Jen Lancaster and acted like a total boob, it's almost bittersweet that she didn't remember who I was.  Ha.  Regardless, they are all very kind, and I am still excited to read their works and go to events they hold in the area.

Amy, Stacey Ballis, and her newest book "Off The Menu."

Jennifer Weiner, her book "Best Friends Forever" and Amy.

Amy, Sarah Pekkanen, and her book "Skipping A Beat."

Last, but not least, as much as I loved the featured authors, my favorite interaction was with the author Eleanor Brown (The Weird Sisters) who offered to take my picture with Sarah & Stacey.  I haven't read her book yet, but I plan to.  She was so friendly and fun, I can only imagine that her writing reflects her personality.  Besides, she keeps company with some of my favorite authors, how could she go wrong?
Eleanor Brown & Amy.
Did I mention that I even won an actual door prize?  Seriously, I got it while standing in a doorway because I was one of the last people standing in line for Jen Lancaster.  I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't get it autographed as well, right?  :)
Jennifer Weiner swag bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment